Friday, February 18, 2011

Black and White InDesign

The first week of school we got the chance to learn the elements and principles of design dealing with visual journalism. We got the chance to explore with InDesign CS4 and the layout basics of creating something.

This is my first black and white project showing that I used the circle and square frames in making this composition. By choosing these shapes I achieved the task of making my circles a complete circle, and learning how to use both shapes at the same time. I put some shapes behind each other and added a border around some. I like adding borders around my objects because it stands out and it looks more in depth to me. I learned how to change the percentage of the swatches to make the border more bolder.

I learned about the number of pica's to use, gutters, swatches and strokes, and shortcuts to do specific things to the object.



1 comment: